Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Una noche, una noche toda llena de murmullos, de perfumes y de músicas de alas

Nighttime is fast becoming my favorite time of day.

I read somewhere once that in the middle ages (or some time long ago and far removed) that people used to sleep in two shifts, waking up midway through the night to get up, walk around, even socialize. According to Ingrid from my internship in Chile, the Mapuche believe that 3 in the morning is a time of the day with magical characteristics.

So clearly, I'm not completely alone (read: insane) in thinking there is something especially beautiful about this time of the night: the lights of Boston sparkle from the lookout on the library roof, looking different every time, invigorating cold air rushes against my face as I bike home, everything is absolutely calm and still.

And now on to "hacer tutto." 40 winks, shut eye, what have you.

No comments:

Post a Comment