Monday, March 10, 2014

The time I saved a bunny rabbit

Bunny tries coconut

My host family got a bunny. It is very cute, although he is also overly curious about everything, sort of like a little puppy. He also randomly starts running whimsically across our patio when these strange moods catch him. He eats everything from gallo pinto to hibiscus flowers and also apparently coconut. He seems to get along well with all the chickens, which is interesting.

In my only moment of Peace Corps heroism, I saved said bunny, who is very creatively called "Little Bunny" from certain death in the jaws of a boxer who is interestingly named Bambi. I happened to be talking on the phone in my room, when I saw that Bambi had gotten in through the gate and was making a beeline for Conejito. Luckily, all I had to do was yell at the top of my lungs, and he stopped his hot pursuit of the poor little creature, who was running as fast as his legs would carry him, and shaking from fear.

He didn't eat for 2 days, but due to his diet of rice/beans and other improbable things, he is getting bigger fast. Hopefully, he'll be better equipped to deal with predators in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment