Monday, August 18, 2014

I work out



Word of the Day:
los abdominales- ab exercises

Because I am lazy and hate mornings even though I go to bed before prime soap opera hour even starts, I have few choices for working out. It's dark at 6 pm here year round, which puts running out of the question since I'm not usually done with work until 5 or 5:30.

And so, my quest for a good workout option led me to San Miguelito's aerobics class. Led by the high school dance teacher, it's a group of mostly middle aged ladies looking to lose weight. My friend Kleydy and I are the under 30 outliers. It's a great time, even if the moves are not hip by modern American workout standards: I got mocked pretty soundly when I showed some of my slick routines to friends back home in December. I'm not sure how effective the aerobics is either, since I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that has lost any significant amount of weight and that was only because I was really sick. Although I think I'm definitely more toned now. Regardless, it gets me out of the house and feeling like a part of the community. And the music is amazing. Check out what I mean.

Wepa!- Gloria Estefan



Blue- Eiffel 65

TitanticTheme Song Remix


Sak Noel- Loca People

La Bouche- Sweet Dreams 

Lipps, Inc.-Funkytown

Pitubull ft. Chris Brown- International Love

No comments:

Post a Comment