Monday, September 6, 2010

September 6: Santiago Sightings

Word of the Day: testigo de Jehová- Jehovah's witness
-Interesting characters/things I chanced across today:
- A Jehovah's witness who gave the most relaxed convert to my religion pitch I've ever been subjected to, essentially handed me a piece of paper, said "read this and then we'll talk next time you walk by"
- A cuenca (Chile^s national dance) dancing couple next to the crowded bus stop near Plaza Italia, with musical accompaniment
-Chilean flags starting to adorn more and more buildings as the Bicentenario approaches
-A delicious cheese, corn and artichoke empanada in Bellavista
-The usual rasta sandwhich sellers
-Intricate victorian architecture along the Alameda, the central street
-Tarot card readers
- A blind street vendor who knew what I had picked up from his stack of wares without my needing to say a word
-A bunch of gypsies near Cerro Santa Lucia

No comments:

Post a Comment