Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Last Days

We flew back to Santiago at 3:30 in the morning on the 9th, meaning we got back to our homes by about 9 am that day. That night, we had a wonderful goodbye asado for our soccer team and one last visit to El Tunel, one of our favorite clubs. Saturday, our last day, featured a fun asado with Tufts kids and our Chilean invitees followed by a birthday party. And my last day, well, I just tried to pack and not be sad, which was impossible. I played with Martina one more time, had lunch with the parents and around 5 I had to head out. I was so sad to leave, my friend and I spent most of the ride to the airport crying. This semester was truly some of the best moments of my life, and I was devastated to leave the people and the country that had made it that way for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment