Thursday, December 23, 2010

Things I'm Going to Miss about Chile

Things I’m going to miss about Chile

-the constant view of the mountains.
-Bread. fresh baked bread daily. AHHHHHHHHHHH
-the protests and energy of the student movement
-graffitti/art/political messages everywhere
-Brigada Chacon
-men who can dance
-a functioning (if crowded), clean metro system and fairly efficient buses
-cheap museums
-cheap clothes at Patronato/Bandera
-Valparaiso
-the gorgeousness of the South
- the mystery of the north
-the independent book chains
-ferias- fish, fruits and artisanal goods
-outdoor exercise parks
-old areas of the city
-pasajes peatonales
-the extremely cheap inter-city bus transport
-hostels
-reggaeton/cumbia/folk
-cheap artisanal beer within walking distance of my home
-delicious, affordable wine
-pisco
-Peruvian food
-asados
-Emporio la Rosa
-the absurd public makeout sessions
-informality of economic transactions
-kissing as a greeting
-the possibility of constantly exploring new places
-the ridiculousness of Chilean slang
-my host family and friends
-challenge of communicating/translating myself
-the life I created for myself

No comments:

Post a Comment