Saturday, May 21, 2011

Notables & Quotables: May 15- 21

"And basically I found out all the frightening things in life happen quietly and naturally"
-Zoya Danilovna Bruk, in "Voices from Chernobyl", an amazing journalistic project by Svetlana Alexievich

"Just because you love silence doesn't mean you have nothing to say"
-Kader Attia, quote seen at visit #1 of the week to the Institute of Contemporary Art (ICA)

"Obviously those aren't fake flowers. That wouldn't be up to our standards, DUHHHH"/
I'm going to go *********** insane if I can't find it"
-Truly insane, though frequently amusing catering supervisor.

"E-Dog, get those plates"
-New highly amusing nickname from catering coworker

"This night reminds me of/everything they deprived me of"
-Nicki Minaj, "Moment for Life," song played at the absurdly over the top prom I catered at the ICA. Irony has never been more lost.

"How many dates have you gone on with people you've met at a truck stop?"
-Lead singer of Georgia Overdrive, at TOAD in Porter Square, a tiny but charming bar with free live music where my friends & I are quickly becoming regulars

No comments:

Post a Comment